11 Things You Don't Know About Rebirth Handbags' Owner, Tracey Martin An interview by Ashley LaRae
Rebirth Handbag's owner, Tracey Martin, is no ordinary designer...after living out dreams completely unrelated to fashion, she decided to fulfill the creative side of herself by launching successful clothing lines such as Rebirth Handbags. In the midst of her busy schedule, she took some time to share with us a few things we don't know about her and her newest endeavor...read on to see exactly how extraordinary this powerhouse is.
11 things you don't know about Tracey:
1. Tracey isn't just a successful professional fashionista, she has also been a certified Personal Fitness trainer since 1999 and is currently renewing it. She says, "This is one of the most rewarding things I do. I love changing lives and starting people on the wellness path."...She even owned a gym in Scottsdale that she sold to Pure Fitness when they first came to town.
2. She is also currently a Certified Life Coach and works one on one with clients. She "LOVES" working with people, helping them be the best they can and "teaching them how to 'show up' for their life; to follow their dreams to lead them to their passion and purpose." She adds that she believes in living her life as an example, "embracing our evolution and living outside the box; true fulfillment and happiness."
3. She has also been a Massage Therapist, working with professional athletes, and is now also a Holistic Wellness coach who promotes a holistic lifestyle ranging from nutrition to skincare to "helping people begin the changes in their own lives and to be their own advocate" (see, we told you she was more than a pro fashionista!).
4. She designed mannequins for the opening of Barney’s New York in Scottsdale. One was themed for her children’s line Baby Butter Originals; the other for Alopecia Awareness (her daughter has the condition Alopecia Universalis). Her daughter's mannequin won the contest!
5. She started her popular children’s line of clothing in 2001...It's loved by celebrities and sold in 100 stores including Nordstrom (they're relaunching with new products this fall!).
6. She's working on a preteen/teen line with her oldest daughter, called Varsity Candy
(she says her daughters are her inspiration).
7. She says she's a "frustrated makeup artist and hairstylist." She volunteers for all of her daughters' plays.
8. Her partner in Rebirth is like her "brother." She says, "Our work ethic and work relationship is very unique."
9. Her oldest sister lives in Queen Creek and has a non-profit called Hoofbeats with Heart. It's a therapeutic horsemanship program to help children with disabilities...you can find out more at www.hoofbeatswithheart.org. (Apparently horses are a big part of their family because Tracey started riding horses when she was 3 yrs old).
10. She has been married to her "best friend" for 18 years. She gushes, "he has allowed me to be me and live out my dreams. Without his unconditional support and love, I couldn’t do what I do." Tracey calls him her rock, best friend and amazing husband and Daddy.
11. Lastly, she ends with this, "I LOVE my life!!! And I LOVE Malibu, California!"....just in case we didn't know.
3. She's been working with Miss Arizona for Rebirth. The bag that she picked out for her personal bag is part of their "giving back"...they'll donate $25 from each bag sold on the site to her charity Everyday Heroes like You. 4. You can like them on Facebook, follow them on Twitter @Rebirth_Style, find them on Pinterest, and follow Tracey's blog for the new season styles and event updates.
Interviewed by Ashley LaRae. To find more information on Ashley or read her Bio, click here.
**Follow @Style_PHX on Twitter and "Like" us on Facebook for prizes, updates, and behind the scenes info!